TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
- PREVENTION: Prevention is better than cure! Ensure you have a good doormat to prevent as much soil as possible from entering your home.
- REGULAR VACUUMING: Regular vacuuming will keep you carpet looking its best. A good tip is to rake your carpet prior to using the vacuum cleaner. This will loosen the dirt, pet hairs and raise the pile, making the vacuuming far more effective.
- STUBBORN SPILLS AND STAINS: Act quickly to stop the stain from spreading or penetrating the carpet fibers. Scrape up solids with a spoon or palette knife, always working towards the center of a spillage to prevent spreading the stain. Blot up liquids with a clean white cloth or paper towel.
- CARPET CARE TIPS: Proper care and maintenance of your carpet will extend its useful life and preserve its appearance for years and years. Failure to take care of it will result in premature wear. Additionally, clean carpets contribute to a healthy indoor environment. Dirty carpets can be unhealthy indeed. Save yourself money and maintain a healthy home by using the following simple carpet care tips:
- Care tip 1: Vacuum your carpets three times a week using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate) filter.
- Care tip 2: Remove spots and spills as promptly as possible. Remove as much excess as possible, then apply and blot with a clean white cloth. DO NOT rub the spot as this might grind the spot in further.
- Care tip 3: Have your carpets cleaned and protected annually by UNDERFOOT Carpet Cleaning, as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommends having carpets cleaned at least every twelve months. NOTE: the tread ways more often if you have children or pets.
- REMEMBER TO VACUUM REGULARLY! THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO MAINTAINING YOUR CARPETS.